Thursday, July 20, 2006

Texans in Germany - the Black Forest - Summer 2005

After the Rhine tour, we headed to the Black Forest to see a bit of nature and to do a bit of hiking. As you can see from below, we are a bunch of tree huggers...

One of the stops was in a small town near Karlsruhe that is known for the 'healing' powers of its springs and water. It has been a center for tourists for decades. Here is mom and I below doing a few laps in the cold water...
I think we looked a bit like we were doing a 'duck walk'...but the directions said that we had to lift our legs way up.
Here's mom and I again, as viewed through one of the old buildings. There was an old monestary in the city center...and added to the peacefulness.
Posted by Picasa Here we are hiking in the Black Forest. As you can see, the forest isn't black. I think they named it the Black Forest to keep the tourists out...tourists that keep looking for a 'black' forest.

(...they are all green, but the extreme density of the forest, can, when you get off the path, be very dark and almost forboding...hence the name...)

No comments: