We had the first three taken care of...we now thought that it was finally time to get some trees planted. The grass was more or less under control, and it was time to add some greenery.

So, we headed to one of the nurseries that I had seen a hundred times while riding the back country. As with most places in the sticks, the people at the nursery were very helpful and kind.
Our one limitation was the car. Even with a convertible, we could buy only so much. We didn't want to buy much at first; we wanted to test the waters and slowly plant more as spring arrived. We weren't planning, however, planning on buying the Kugeleiche (I have no idea what it would be called in English, but translated it is a 'Ball Oak' tree.

Here is Eva and I with our new favorite tree - our Kugeleiche.
Unfortunately, while lowering the convertible, there was some stuff on the back ledge of the car, and I broke the rear window. Thankfully, there is 'stupid husband' insurance that we have that helped reduce the cost a bit.
Needless to say, a broken window at the end of October is not very practical.
No comments:
Post a Comment