The whole story of our lawn is a long one...one that many of you have already heard numerous times. But, to try to summarize:- The contractor planted seed
- Only weeds grew - really tall ones
- The contractor told us to mow the weeds - mowing, in their opinion, was the best strategy to kill these weeds since this type of weed got its power from the sun from the leaves: cut off the leaves, weed gets no sun, weed dies
- After numerous 'mowings', the weeds won. I can honestly say that I have never met a weed in the US that died simply by mowing. I've picked too leaves in my lifetime for it to be that easy. The weeds in Germany are no different.
- I started picking weeds (they were in some cases over a foot tall...)
The above pic is shortly after a mowing. Susi helped me one day pick some weeds...this was probably the only time that Susi would pass up shoe shopping to do anything! ;-)
Here are the Ischen (with weeds in the background).
No comments:
Post a Comment