Being on the road can be a grind. While I definitely don't want to complain, because oftentimes I really like being away from the office. You're much closer to the real business world. Plus, it allows me to catch up on some work or to be more proactive.
When I'm at home, I'd much rather spend time with my wife.
On the road however, the time away from the office tends to be in the hotel. No big deal, but there are plenty of nights eating along.
Tonight, a coworker invited me over for dinner. This was even more special because it was a Saturday, and he invited me over to his house. It was a great evening with his family and an even better change of pace.
It was human. It was relaxing. And we definitely didn't talk business.
I really take it as an honor to get invited into to their 'private sphere' - especially on a weekend, and I very much appreciate their hospitality. It also creates a stronger personal relationship that can, of course, help the business relationship.
I'm not too sure how often this sort of thing happens, but it is definitely a great happening - something that I will strive to reciprocate with other colleagues in the future.
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment