Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween

Last weekend, after reading the 'Great Pumpkin' to Quinn and Emily, we decided to head to a pumpkin patch in the area and get our own Halloween pumpkins.
As with some things, the trip didn't exactly work out like we expected...but we did find a few pumpkins that we could carve.
As with previous years, Quinn really didn't want to touch the guts of the pumpkin, so I got stuck with the dirty work.  This year, I actually roasted the seeds like when I was a kid.

This year we had a real pumpking carving knife, so the chances of me cutting off a limb was slightly lower, and the knife made the cutting super easy.  But, of course, Quinn picked out one of the most difficult designs. 

Quinn also wanted to help.  When he had the knife, I was petrified that he would cut himself.

I ended up doing most of Quinn's pumpking due to my unfound fear of him cutting himself.
   
I let him, however, do all of Emily's pumpking.  Slightly simpler design.  But, both kiddoes were stoked.  Emily ran around most of the next days pointing at her pumpkin saying 'mine, mine, mine'.  I think Quinn was also really proud that he could do this for Emily. 

No comments: