Thursday, October 20, 2011

Geiselwind

Emily can now climb on the animal rides at the stores.  She had this devilish sort of face when she climbed on the Obi beaver.
Last weekend, we had a great opportunity that we couldn't turn down:  heading to the Amusement Park (Freizeitpark) in Geiselwind with a friend of Quinn's from kindergarten.  Eva wasn't feeling too good, so I went it 'alone' with the other family to give Eva a better chance to rest.  The weather was cold, but sunny.  It was also the last day the park was open for the season, so it was pretty empty, which meant no waiting in line for the rides.
I was surprised by the amount of rides they had for kids...even in Emily's age group.  The first ride after the entrance was this mini train.  Quinn and Emily rode this like 7 times.  We tried to get them to try something else (tons of rides in the park), but they were stoked with the train.  I think that they thought that this was the only ride in the park.
Emily on a sort of swing.
Yes, to Eva's surprise, we went on this ride...even Emily.  It looks worse than it was, and the kids had a blast.
The kids loved this huge slide.  They even had mats to make you go faster.
Quinn, the pilot.
Emily even flew.  In a matching airplane.  Coincidence?


Quinn liked this ride the best:  a huge mushroom that spun and twirled the swings.  I was amazed that Quinn was allowed to ride this (alone).  He had a blast.  I even rode it a few times, and I have to say, my stomach was a bit queezy afterwards.  Have no idea what Quinn's stomach was doing?
A sort of dinosaur train...pulled by a tractor.
Growing up in the States, every amusement park had a teacup ride (from Alice in Wonderland?).  Here in Franken...a wineglass ride.  The ride was the same...and it was super wild.  I had to ride with the kids, and I have to say that we were really spinning around.

All in all, it was a great weekend, and we are thankful that our friends invited us.  Quinn is already asking when we will go back...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: