When it comes to parenting, I'm not the type that tries to keep up with the Jones': our kids have nice clothes, but not the best. Our kids have lots of toys, but not the most.
Same is true for birthday parties: while we feel (and hope) that we have provided for nice and memorable birthday parties, the neighbors aren't exactly talking about how we went overboard.One of the fathers (with whom we went camping) definitely set the bar for the rest of us dads: for his son's 5th birthday, he made a submarine in their living room -> that all 10 kids could fit into. They had an 'underwater' party with all sorts of themes, etc. First of all, I give him tons of credit for the creativity and doing it himself instead of just buying something. Second, he's not the type of guy that is trying to one up everyone.
It was just cool. Super cool ... I just hope that Quinn doesn't want me to build a castle or something in March. Talking to another dad, he has the same fear.

No comments:
Post a Comment