Since I'm not as regimented with downloading pics from my cell phone, this post will be mostly random pics. Hope you enjoy.
A few weeks ago, I was on a business trip in Canada and the States. Got to go do an onsite presentation at a customer, who was way up north in Canada (where all the dams ... and power generation is). This was my first time at a hydro plant, and it was amazing!
Due to a very wet summer, they had most of the spillways open, which almost never happens in summer. You can get an idea of the scale of the whole thing when you consider that the two pics above are taken on opposite sides of the generating station.
I stayed the weekend at friends in DC...and we went to another friend's bar to watch the CU game. I really liked the title under the TV: Hippie Bowl: CU vs. Cal. Unfortunately CU lost. They played great, but lost in OT. It looks like it will be another long season :-( At least CU 'fits' better in the Pac 10.
When I landed in Munich, my heart leaped a beat when I saw my name under the Lotus (on the left). I thought I got an upgrade. It would be super fun to drive a Lotus on the Autobahn from Munich to Nürnberg. Unfortunately, I didn't see the arrow pointing to the car on the right: a run of the mill Ford.
Eva and I actually try not to get too much pink clothing for Emily. Trust me, it is HARD find clothes for girls that is not pink. Despite this effort, this is how Emily went to Day Care one day...Pretty in Pink.
Quinn had his first soccer practice almost two weeks ago. He's a bit young, but close enough, especially considering how hard he can kick the ball. He had a blast and has gone since then. He needs to grasp the concept of kicking the ball in the right direction.
It is amazing how 'well' the kids (not just Quinn) play: I remember 'JungleBall' as a kid growing up, where the coach was continually trying to get kids to move away from the ball. The 6-7 year olds definitely know what they are doing.
Only my parents will understand this and think this is funny: even though Quinn runs A LOT and knows how to run, at the practice, he basically skipped the whole time. No, he didn't run...just skipped...which will remind my parents of my first soccer game where I ran the whole time without bending my knees.
They must have been so embarassed. What kid can't run?
Two weekends ago, we took advantage of the great fall weather and headed to Playmobil Fun Park.
Thankfully, neither Quinn nor I ended up in the water.
I'm also grateful that Emily likes playing with boy toys: this construction area with rubber 'rocks' and the conveyors was super cool!











No comments:
Post a Comment