Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Autumn Hike

We headed into the Fränkische last weekend for an Autumn hike.  This is a great time of year since all the leaves are changing...and the weather was supposed to be (at least) dry.
To make things more interesting for the kids, we went into a cave where there were lots of stalagmites and stalagtites.  I was a guided tour...and kept the kids interested...for a bit.  I was petrified that one of the kids would knock over a few hundred thousand years of rock formation... 
We also planned to go to an old castle ruin (I have no idea whether this is really english, or if I'm just translatating from the German:  Burgruine)...but we (I) took a wrong turn...but still ended up near our car and drove to a playground. 
It was too bad the skies were cloudy, but we still had some great views.  Every time we are in the Fränkische, we say that we have to come back for a longer vacation here.  Such a great place with lots of fun stuff to do in nature. 

This might be Emily's last season in her hiking backpack.  She's getting heavy.

No comments: