Monday, September 11, 2006

Stop Playing with your Food

Our second day of hiking turned out much better. The weather didn't really cooperate in the morning, so we decided to have a quiet breakfast near one of the border fortifications (destroyed during the French Revolution).

Here I am below, playing with a jelly donut. In 6 months, when we have a child, I'll have to quit this sort of behavior.



Here's that fortification again. The museum inside, with all of the relics and explanations of the wars it endured (and didn't endure), was a nice way to start the day.


Our first 'real' hike was to the source of the clear, blue Soca river. The source was definitely a bit overhyped and the hike was short. The one picture I took didn't really come out...so you get a picture of one of the farmhouses near the source.


Here's the view from the other side of the farmhouse. Not bad scenery. You get this feeling in Slovenia that you have mountains on three sides - regardless of which way or how far you travel in the country. A paradise for mountain lovers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: