Thursday, August 03, 2006

Old Buildings and Stuff I can't Remember - Rome - March 2005

The other problem with Rome, outside of all the noise, traffic, and high prices, is the fact that I couldn't remember the names of all of the buildings - in German, Latin, or English.

At least the Colosseum is an easy one to spot and remember.


I had never seen the Colosseum from inside, so this was a particularly cool view. It is hard to believe that the slaves and gladiators (and Russell Crowe) actually lived, at times, below the stage.


This is one of those famous fountains that I can't remember. It was pretty, though. I new it was famous because of the vast amounts of foreign tourists.


Here are those trees again. They are just peaceful to look at - the tall skinny ones, and the ones with all the green at the top that is slightly sloped. I have no idea how old those trees actually were, but I could imagine that they were there centuries ago.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: