Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Boßeln - German Culture at its Peak - Feb 2006

A coworker invited me to go Boßeln (http://www.nordwestreisemagazin.de/bosseln.htm) or (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klootschieten) with some friends and coworkers. I really wasn't sure what it was, but it didn't sound very dangerous by looking at the weblink...

... until I saw the fine print on the email invite...

...and bring a bottle of schnapps...


...hmmm, throwing bocce balls in the snow with a wagon full of schnapps and beer sounded like a very interesting way to spend a Saturday. We had about 30 people with us, and towards the end, folks quit throwing the balls and just congregated around the schnapps wagon.

In this case, I thought that the best offense would be the best defense...so I brought a bottle of Jack with me. German schnapps creates havoc in my stomach. Jack is a bit more familiar - yet more dangerous for the standard German.

All in all, it was a great day, and I made it home safe.

...here's to German culture !!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: