For those of you that are interested, the 252nd Bergkirchweih begins on the 24th of May 2007 and runs through the 4th of June.
Thankfully, Eva's parents were in town, and we got to guide them to their first 'Berg'. Both of them were right at home at Bergkirchweih.
A great pic of me and Eva's dad. We got a bit of a late start to the Berg...and we were just happy to have a beer in our hands.
The 'Summer' was in quotations in the title because it was so cold...definitely not Berg weather. I hope I never see another Bergkirchweih where I have to wear a fleece.
As the night progresses and the bands play the old German party standards (think of a German version of Potter's - for those of you Boulderites), the whole crowd, almost irregardless of age, gets on the tables and dances on the tables.
The tables are rather small and not always stable...but that definitely doesn't hinder the dancing and the fun.
Here I am with another one of my birthday gifts - this one from Eva's Grandparents - Jägermeister. From what I can tell, Jägermeister is considered an old fashioned schnapps and reserved for the 'older' set.
But, it is making a comeback for the younger crowd, but it isn't quite yet hip. One of these days, I'll take a pic of the Jägermeister bus here in Erlangen (Public bus painted like a Jägermeister bottle).

The bottle in my right hand requires a bit of clarification. When Eva's Grandfather found out that I liked Jägermeister (...too many college memories...), he pulled out this bottle from his basement. It was opened, but mostly full.
No one really knows how old the bottle is, but our best guess is somewhere in the 60's it was new. Still tasted great!
No comments:
Post a Comment