Friday, August 04, 2006

Easter 2006

With Easter coming around the corner, we decided to relive our childhood and dye some eggs. Since we hadn't done it in a while, it took us a while to remember how to do it, but in the end it turned out OK.


It was certainly a lot of fun to dye eggs again. Below, our Easter Basket. One of the differences between German and American Easter Eggs (and hard boiled eggs in general), is that the 'typical' German doesn't keep the hardboiled eggs in the fridge. They'll just sit outside for days or weeks. When you go to a gas station around easter, you'll see these hard boiled eggs that have probably been sitting for days.

For me...definitely gross. For Eva...normal.

I can't believe the Germans don't die from eating those things.


I tried to make a special dinner. So, we went to the butcher to pick up a cut of pork called Kaßler. I have no idea what that is called in English...

It took a bit longer to cook as I had planned, but I think it ended up OK. The next time, I'll try a tenderloin instead. Eva did a great job on decorating the table.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: