Before we had kids, Eva and I learned to love hiking together. After Quinn was born, we went hiking less often, and it was a bit shorter, but we went often, nonetheless, schlepping the poor kid around.
We never pushed it too much, wanting to make sure he was having fun as well.
After Emily was born, it was basically winter, and we never really had a good chance to go on a family hike (in nice weather) until last weekend.

We went to one of our favorite spots, where the paths were wide and not too long.

Quinn had a blast picking up sticks and rocks, Emily seemed to be enjoying herself, and Eva and I just enjoyed the fresh air and the time in nature as a family.

I insisted on carrying both Emily and the Camelback. I felt like a mule. Quinn did a great job walking the whole way (not always on the path). It is amazing how exciting and cool dandelions (Pusteblumen) are to a 3 year old.

Quinn showing us where to go...
No comments:
Post a Comment