Sunday, June 20, 2010

Family Time

Neither Eva nor I were thrilled this morning when we woke up to see 10°C on the thermometer (approx 50°F). June is almost over and we've had approx 1 week of summer weather. Nonetheless, we packed up the kids and headed outside. We kicked the ball around first, then Eva went running.

Then, Quinn, Emily, and I hit the playground. Emily can basically sit up on her own now, which makes it more fun for all of us at the playground. Even while kicking the ball around, Quinn kicked the ball softly in Emily's direction so that she felt involved (at least this is my interpretation...perhaps it was just a missed kick).

After naptime (during which I put in a quick ride), we all went on a short bike ride through the forest to a new ice cream parlor that opened up on the other end of the forest. Totally cool. I think we'll head there more often (but have to remember the mosquito repellant for the forest).
On the way back, we watched some little league baseball. It is amazing how Quinn can just sit on the ground watching the 'big kids' play. For me, it was a chance to look back (a long time ago) when I played little league ball. I was the shortest kid on the field with the biggest glove.
All in all, it was a great (family) day. Hopefully, the weather will be more accommodating next time.
Will top it off in a few minutes by grilling for dinner!

No comments: