Monday, March 12, 2007

Let the Grilling Begin

Yesterday, we were piddling around a bit, and Eva got some really nice pictures of Quinn. At this age, he can't really smile, but once in a while, he gives us this innocent smile (Engelslächeln) that is really sweet. This pic below would be titled: "Hey, waitress, I said I wanted two beers. I'm getting cranky." We did not stage this picture.
We had absolutely awesome weather today. It definitely felt like spring, and it was the first day I could go for a walk outside without a jacket. It was probably in the high 50's with tons of sunshine. We went for a long walk as a family in our neighborhood and then to a coffee shop that had its grand opening today. We sat on the terrace, relaxed, had some coffee, and enjoyed the sun!

Below are a few pics near our house. We walk in the area a lot. The pictures are being taken from the 'green strip' of grass that is about 20 meters from our back yard. This one below is looking south to the 'protected free space - protected from development' (Naturschutzgebiet). The green strip itself is about 70 meters wide and maybe 500 meters long.

For those of you in the Denver area, this 'green strip' is our Wash Park. It is a lot smaller and has no lake, but it is packed with people in the evening and on the weekends. Kids of all ages are playing on the grass, and all sorts of joggers, walkers, nordic walkers, rollerbladers, and bikers are rolling by on the path.

This is the green strip looking north. Our condo is about 50 meters to the left.
Below a quick family pic taken from our back yard. Today was just one of those days to enjoy the weather, friends, and family. I love spring!

Today was also very significant for another reason: the 5th season began today...the Grilling Season! I brought the grill from the garage and fired her up. Quinn wanted to help. Here we are, father and son...grilling.



No comments: