Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mindless Lemmings

I am now like a mindless lemming, aimlessly following my fellow lemmings off the cliff to my impending disaster. Following the crowd. Doing the popular thing. Letting others influence my behavior. I am now a part of the Matrix...

...I have bought an iPod...

(Eva schrieks in horror in the background, as she learns via the blog that I have purchased yet another gadget).

I didn't want to do it. I have often zigged when the others zagged. I wear Adidas when others wear Nike. Long hair vs. short (ok...now it is falling out). I didn't purchase an iPod previously because others loved them.

I loved their marketing. It was amazing how iTunes brought the music industry to its knees and made it easy for people to actually 'buy' music. But, I just couldn't bring myself to follow the masses.

I admit it, I'm weak, but there were just too many positives. So, yesterday, I bought an 8GB Nano. 200 Bucks. Done. I have to admit, my first impression is good - especially the packaging. Yes, even the box is super cool. I feel 10 years younger.

While I'm still a loyal of Yahoo!Music - especially of their ability to listen to any of their 2 million songs anytime as well as their 160+ internet radio stations, I think that I'll like my little iPod. I'm already downloading about 4GB to the drive as well as 8 PodCasts. I think I'll really like the PodCasts. Looking forward to getting a stand for my iPod that doubles as a stereo.

I'm a lemming...but at least I'll look good jamming out to my favorite tunes as I fall off the cliff.

No comments: