Simply amazing!
Quinn and Henrik met for the first time a few weeks ago. They seemed to hit it off pretty well, and we're bracing for the trouble that they will soon be getting themselves into.
The kids seem to get older so fast these days. Here's Quinn trying out his new cell phone. It actually makes ringing noises when you push it and vibrates when you pull the cord. Thanks to Kocka and Katja.
Rene and I took our boys for a walk in our nearby forest while our wives were at a flea market. We got a bit muddy, but the boys got to see the wild pigs. There's about 20 of them in their fenced off area, and it is really cool to see them when they have newborns.
When I was off in the States, Nina came to Erlangen for a few days to help Eva and Quinn out. Then, they drove together to Hattingen. It was a great chance for the whole family and friends to meet Quinn, and it was good for both Eva and Quinn to be able to be at her parents while I was away.Below is Quinn meeting his great grandparents for the first time. Let's just say that they had a ball.
Quinn's grandparents taking him for a walk...
Since Eva had to drive to Hattingen, she had to find out how Quinn would take the car ride. Apparently, he's just like me: as soon as the car gets moving, he falls asleep. For the trips up and back, including a few pitstops (4+ hours), he slept all but about 15 minutes. Whew!
Here, Quinn looks like he's dreaming about getting his nails done.
Quinn and I napping again.
On my trip back to Germany, I flew into Düsseldorf so that I could spend Easter weekend (Thursday through Sunday morning) in Hattingen with the family. While it wasn't optimal to go on a biz trip, at least we could enjoy the long weekend together.
We colored some eggs and had a great time. I had the great idea of making an 'American' egg, but it ended up looking more like the French flag than anything American.
Another shot of Quinn and I. I really love holding him on my chest and feeling his soft head and hair with my chin. Quinn likes it best when I'm shaved...
When I was in the States in January, I found this really cute football sleeper outfit. With Quinn growing so fast, he won't be in it long, but I love this outfit...
...even the feet look like footballs.
Here's Quinn and his second cousin Lea...who will be turning 8 soon.
One of the German Easter traditions is baking (or buying) an Easter Lamb. Seems like a pretty normal idea. It looks very 'Easter', especially with the powdered sugar to give it a 'wool' effect. The whole Easter effect breaks down a bit when you start cutting into the cake and eating it.
Another Easter tradition is to take the hard boiled eggs and see who's doesn't break. Ideally, you find an egg that doesn't break too quickly. The end effect is all the same...broken eggs that get eaten.
Finally! The weather was finally warm enough for us to officially kick off the Biergarten Season 2007! Eva and I went today with Quinn to our local Biergarten and enjoyed the weather.
Nothing relaxes and brings joy like a good German (or Bavarian / Fränkisch) Biergarten. Eva and I really love this part of Germany (more of a Bavarian tradition than a 'general' German one).
How can you not be relaxed sitting outside, with your friends and/or family, with a beer in your hand?
Quinn in one of his green outfits (Thanks Jutta!). The rag under him looks a bit like a cape.
2 comments:
Take advantage of the long road trip ability while you can. We took Abby on a 5 or 6 hour road trip when she was a few months old and it was great. Now, an hour is pushing it! Of course, they are strapped in, so if you can put up with loud screaming, there's not much the kids can do about it!
Thank goodness you finally posted some new pictures. I was dying to see how the little Quinn Man was doing. He is SO cute!
Post a Comment