I've read a few articles lately about how one can exercise one's brain: basically like exercising muscles...you just have to do something different than normal. For the brain, that could be reading upside down, doing crossword puzzles, or changing diapers.
Yesterday...I really gave my brain a workout.
I was in the UK on business and got to drive on the 'other' side of the road...with the steering wheel on the right of the car...on a standard.
Eva was petrified and I was a bit nervous. When the gal at the rental car facility asked if I'd want to spend an extra 10 pounds for insurance to lower the deductible, I took it in a heartbeat.
Thankfully, most of the trip was on the highway and went without much of a hitch...just follow the traffic (and in London, there is tons of it). Once I got close to the customer, things got a bit hairy. No driving while talking on the cell...!
I hit the curbs on the left a few times. I thought I'd veer too much to the right of the road, but I just kept losing track of the fact that there was lots of car still on my left. Note to self: move to the right...don't hit the parked cars.
Outside of banging into the curbs, making an incorrect left turn, and not observing the right of way in the traffic circles / roundabouts, I survived.
Needless to say, my brain was fully exercised when I landed in Hanover. So I had a beer or two and killed the few brain cells that survived the trip.
So much for brain exercise.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment