Saturday, October 21, 2006

And the stork came by and delivered ...

... a happy and healthy baby...

bike! A bike from Storck, that is.

After gawking for almost hours at various bikes, Eva got tired of me talking about a new bike, and convinced me to quit talking and to buy the damn thing.

I'll definitely use it more than a new TV - I've already logged in over 150 hours on my bike this year, and I love riding in the area. It is very peaceful, beautiful, with little traffic.


In a similar fashion as my first bike, I had this one made. I got to spec all the parts that I wanted and the bike shop was very reasonable and helpful. For me, the important part was 3 cranks up front for the mountains for our trips in the Alps.

The biggest difference is that it is an aluminum frame compared to my steel frame Torelli. The Torelli was a great bike, and steel offers many advantages, but it is definitely heavier. I'm not a gram freak. After all, if I wanted to reduce a few grams from my bike, I could just give up drinking beer for a while.

The new bike is a lot more responsive and extremely stiff as compared to steel. But, she has been a blast to ride.

Here are the specs:
Storck vision light frame
Storck Stiletto Race carbon fork
Campy Veloce 3x10 components
Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: