We've a pretty long cold stretch these last few weeks...and a fair amount of snow to go along with it. Great dry snow that is bad for making snowmen, but great for sledding.

Since Quinn's sled broke a few weeks ago, we've been talking about getting a new one. I really liked the wooden toboggans - partially because I think they look cool (in an old school sort of way) and because I can ride with the kiddoes.

I have to admit, I was more excited trying out Quinn's new sled than he was. So, yesterday morning, I called the neighbor, and asked if they wanted to go sledding with us.

Kaya and Elena joined us (and brought their toboggan as well). I ended up pulling all three kids.

Afterwards, we played in our backyard and tried to build a snoman out of the dry snow. We played, and played, and played: everything from football, soccer, to 'horsey' (which is killer on my back), to 'tumbleweed', to 'running around like idots'...all of our favorite games made more fun by the snow.

It was a ball...but I'm hurting today...
No comments:
Post a Comment