It didn't dawn on me until a few days ago that yesterday was the end of a decade. Wow...didn't it just get started? Then, Prince's song (1999) came rushing into my mind...we're going to party like it's 1999.
Yes, 1999 was one hell of a party. Sam and BW were in KC, and we had a table reserved at a pretty good bar. I was the only one that didn't have a girlfriend (or didn't end up with a new girlfriend) that night. Man, did we party. I still don't know how many Gin & Tonics I had that night (I lost count around 12 or 15). The bar had one of those guys in the bathroom that would turn the water on for you or give you a paper towel (which I normally don't like...I can turn on the water for myself, thank you). I brought that guy at least 4 G&T's that night. The lights didn't go out, and Y2K will go down as one of the largest jokes in history.
Jan 1, 2000 started with one of the biggest hangovers I have ever had.
My world is significantly different now...marriage, kids, career, travel, vacations, business trips, new culture and language. There is less time, there are more people and things pulling for my attention, I'm slower, a bit fatter, and I have a LOT more grey hair. My back hurts.
But, if the next 10 years provide similar highs as the last, I'll be able to look back at the 'teens' and smile as I'm doing now at the 'naughties / aughts'. In that perspective, grey hair and a hurting back is a small price to pay.
Happy New Year to you all. May your new year be filled with health, happiness, peace, and a ton of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment