Friday, January 22, 2010

Phone Conversation

I was in Berlin for most of the week with a customer wanting to audit our manufacturing facilities.

I called home on Tuesday night, and Quinn wanted to talk to me. While this is normal behavior for him, he normally gets gunshy when Eva gives him the phone and just says 'hallo' and then not another word.

For the first time, we actually had a conversation. It was really cool...for just a second, I thought it was Eva impersonating Quinn. He even asked me a few questions (when was I coming home and if I would put chocolate in my shirt pocket). It was very strange and yet very exciting.

One of the best things in the world is coming home after a biz trip when Eva and the kids meet me in the airport. The look on Quinn's face (and hopefully oneday soon Emily's face) is amazing.

Like every other time, when Quinn saw me, he smiled from ear to ear, ran to me, gave me a big hug, and shoved his hand in my shirt pocket...for his chocolate.

No comments: