He was super happy...almost glowing with happiness, and that is the important part.
Oma with Emily (with a burping rag from friends of ours and my parents that is almost too nice to use to burp on...Thanks Charles and Ann!)
Quinn really likes playing horsey with me. My back doesn't - especially when Quinn jumps in and out of the 'saddle'. He doesn't understand the significance of the song that I sing when he rides me: that old gray mare ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be.But I find it really funny...
Quinn helping us fix something in the kitchen.
Quinn outside.
Quinn trying to hold Emily. The result is always a screaming Emily...but we let him try, and one day, he'll get it. He really does try to take care of her...which is really sweet.

Quinn helping us fix something in the kitchen.
Quinn outside.
Quinn trying to hold Emily. The result is always a screaming Emily...but we let him try, and one day, he'll get it. He really does try to take care of her...which is really sweet. 
It has been over three weeks since my folks went home. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical how it would all work with us in one small condo for two whole weeks. I haven't spent that much time with my parents since high school.
My folks were great, and we had a great time. They were a great help, and Quinn really loved having them there.
My dad (and mom) played Legos endlessly with Quinn, they took Quinn to daycare, and were patient and understanding when we had to cut our trip to Munich (way) short because daycare called and asked us to pick Quinn up since he was running a fever (a message we got just before we got to the Consulate to get the documents for Emily. In true Quinn fashion, he was 100% better the next day).
Having my parents around was also very good for Quinn and his (English) language development. While I only speak English with him, I do understand all of his German, but with my parents, he HAD to speak 'Papa's words' to get them to understand him. His English made huge steps and progress while my parents were here, and he's using more and more of 'my words' on his own. It is really cool to see a child grow linguistically, but it is even more interesting to see a child develop both languages.
I'm also glad that my folks could get to see Emily when she was still really young.
But, most importantly, it was just great to be with my parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment