Saturday, November 21, 2009

Emily's Christening

With my folks in town, we were able to plan Emily's Christening so that they could be there. They wished they could have been there for Quinn's, and I think they were happy to be able to experience the service, even if they couldn't understand what was being said.
I guess I'm looking like I've done this before, but I was stressing a bit...making sure I didn't forget something and hoping that Emily (or Quinn) wouldn't scream during the whole service.
Our church as a great christening room. A stained glass star is on the roof of the room, so the kiddoes have something to look at. The priest warmed up the water...and Emily, suprisingly, didn't make a peep.
Our friend Tanja, also Emily's Godmother, made the candle...that Quinn kept trying to blow out.
The required pic with the kids and grandparents.
...and the required pic with the Godparents: Tanja (second from right) and Kocka (third from left).

We had coffee, cake and then later dinner at our place with a small group of family and friends. While Emily's Christening was a bit smaller than Quinn's, it was a bit more intimate, and we had a great time.
Quinn was stoked to have more folks to play Legos with and Emily was happy that water wasn't being poured on her head anymore.

No comments: