Friday, July 10, 2009

Therapy

As I'm learning, kids are great therapy. Yes, they can be difficult, especially when they are two years old. But, even after an emotionally difficult day at work, the best therapy to 'forget it all' is to see Quinn when he gets home (I beat them home from his swim 'lesson' today) totally excited to see me, to grab my hand and to literally pull me out to the door to the playground.

After his 'Quinnie Hug' and after playing like idiots on the playground, the world just seems right again.

It got even better after I read to him before putting him to bed. As he was in bed, he said 'Danke'. Thanks. I asked, 'for what?', really curious.

He answered: 'essen'. For dinner. Of course, we had pizza tonight. I smiled and kissed him goodnight.

Now, the world is even better.

Danke!

No comments: