Two year olds are not known for their desire to share, and Quinn is by no means an exception here. However, there are times, when he really steps up to the plate and shows that he can share (and also be very, very caring).
Monday was a perfect example. Quinn ran a fever all day (which does not happen often) and wasn't feeling really well. When I came home, beat from a long day, I quickly changed so that I could put him to bed.
After reading him his bedtime stories, I told him that I was tired and not feeling really well, and that I would lay down on the floor next to his bed. He then proceeded to get out of bed, and put his blankets on me...then he gave me his duck, his other duck, his sheep, and the other animals and dolls that he keeps in his bed. He laid them all next to me.
Then he climbed back into his 'naked' bed and kept watch on me to make sure I was doing OK.
Very, very sweet, loving moment for me as a father...
Thursday, July 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment