Friday, January 30, 2009

Quality of Life, Part II

Dropped Quinn off at daycare and met Eva in the city for lunch. It was so cool, it felt like a date. Even if it was for only a few minutes (we had Döner Kebap), it was a nice break from the day. Ended up being at work until about 7pm, but I still felt like I had some nice family time.

While it didn't happen tonight since I got back a bit later than normal from work, putting Quinn to bed is always one of the highlights of my days and is something I miss when I'm away on business trips.

He is getting too big to carry horizontal and rock back and forth in my arms, so I've been holding him upright in my arms when I sing goodnight to him. Sometimes he puts his arms around me (which is very touching). I always say something to him before I put him down. He never answers. Except two nights ago.

I told him that I missed him when I was away (I was out 10 days) on biz and that it was nice to pick him up from day care and to play a little. In a half sleep, he answered 'Yeah'. My heart just melted.

No comments: