Friday, February 08, 2008

Da Da

My heart melted this morning. It was 630am and I just got back from my morning jog. Quinn was just waking up (and therefore Eva as well). Eva had already taking Quinn out of his crib and he was playing in his room. I poked my head in the room to say good morning...

...and Quinn looked at me and said 'Da Da'.

Wow! My heart stopped: Quinn finally called me 'Dada'. It was clear and could not be mistaken. Daddy!

Then he looked at the light in the hallway and said 'Da.......Da'. (For the English speakers in the audience, 'da' is the German word for 'there'...and Quinn is in this phase of pointing to stuff and saying 'da'.)

So, maybe Quinn has a bit more work before he gets 'Daddy' right, but as far as I'm concerned, today was the day he called me 'Daddy', even though our lamp is also 'Daddy'.

Looking back a bit, the link below shows a bit of what we do when I get up early on the weekends to take care of Quinn. We get the eating part out of the way...then we play.



Last weekend, we tried out our new hiking backpack with Quinn, and we took a hike in the area. Quinn had a blast: he fell asleep. Something is wrong with Eva's new camera...it seems to put way too much grey in my hair when it takes pics ;-)
Last Sunday, the sun finally came out...so after taking care of the condo (Quinn loves the vacuum), we went to one of the playgrounds in the area.
Quinn loved being pushed...
Quinn and Eva on the swing.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Yay! I'm glad you've gotten some sun - lightens the mood, doesn't it? Quninn just keeps getting bigger - CUTE!