As another great example of science oriented family fun, I took the kiddoes to the Museum of Industry a few weeks ago. The weather was cold and crappy...so a great day for a kids museum.
They had some cool hands on experiements, like the can phone as well as a huge barrel with a membrane on one side (and open on the other) with a flag on the other end of the room, so kids could see how a drum moves air.
They had some cool hands on experiements, like the can phone as well as a huge barrel with a membrane on one side (and open on the other) with a flag on the other end of the room, so kids could see how a drum moves air.
They had a special exhibit called Mathland, where there were all sorts of hands on math exercises for all ages, ranging from easy to hard.
As a bonus for the adults, they had a huge bicycle and motorcycle exhibit, where I said 'Don't touch' about a 1000 times.
The extra bonus was in the basement, where they had various miniatures, a real US Army jeep, as well as a working printing press, with various presses through the ages. They had two people setting type, explaining to the kids how the whole thing worked.
Unfortunately, the kids wanted to leave this part of the museum before I did. Perhaps I'll go there again sometime without the kids.
Unfortunately, the kids wanted to leave this part of the museum before I did. Perhaps I'll go there again sometime without the kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment