Here are a handful of random cell phone pics that go back a month or two. The theme seems to be speed...or adrenaline junkies.
This pic doesn't to Emily and her 'Rody' justice. She was doing some major bouncing on Rody, while holding her baby. It took me a few shots to get a decent exposure with my crappy cell phone (hello, Samsung Galaxy SIII...I want to upgrade to you!)A while ago, as I was heading out of the house in my riding clothes, Quinn asked if he could mountain bike with me. I was planning to go on my road bike, but when Quinn asks like that, the only answer is: yes. So I put on my MTB shoes, and we headed into Reichswald.
Keep in mind, he's on a kiddie bike (read: no gears). I let him pick the paths, and he picked out some great single tracks. There were only a few hairy sections, and he did a great job being careful and using his breaks. He had a blast, and we covered almost 10km. I can't wait until we go again ... while I could go with him each weekend, I'm trying to not push him...so that he learns to love riding (like I do), without the parental pressure.
Of course, Bergkirchweih (our local Beer Festival) is a great place to have some family fun - in the afternoon. In the evening, Berg transforms into an adult paradise and party.
Emily is old enough to be able to take care of herself on most of the rides...but Quinn really loves helping her out.
Next year, we're oing on the Ferris Wheel.
Emily loved this bus.
Quinn and one of his friends during a hike and caching tour in one of our nearby forests.
Go Buffs! This is now (thankfully) Emily's favorite hat. She thinks I want to take a picture of her beloved stones (in her hand).
Go Germany! Unfortunately, we lost to Italy in the semifinals of the European Cup. I hate losing!
Quinn helping me out...on our way to Kindergarten (I'm carrying his bike).
Celebrating Robin's birthday in the world's first Roller Coaster Restaurant, where the food comes to you via little platforms that ride these rails.
Our table was at the bottom of this spiral. There is even a loop de loop at another table. The kids loved watching their food come out!
Gotta love grammar mistakes. Read the label carefully. Hint: Brrrrr...that sauce is awful cool.
Climbing...
...and racing.
Ice cream makes the world go 'round.
Too cool for school.
Q & E riding at Handelshof. They are getting too big for these rides. Thankfully, they don't annoy me asking me to put money in the machines.
This picture doesn't do my nerves justice, as this is a decent downhill section of our 'Green Strip' close to our house. Both kiddoes are on their Laufräder (not really a good word in english for these bikes...but are basically kiddie bikes without pedals. These are usually used to help kids learn to balance before they get their bikes, but Quinn still loves his even though he has been riding for a while.)
Emily is getting good at balancing, and will probably be riding a bike next spring / summer. Nonetheless, she loved 'mountain biking' down this hill. She, like her brother, loves speed and bumps.
A nice pic during one of my rides in Holland.




















No comments:
Post a Comment