Quinn hit another milestone about 2 weeks ago: he got his Seepferdchen!
This is the first swimming certification that kids get, and is a pretty big deal, since the kids can then swim 25m in a pool, without assistance, and dive underwater to get a ring.
Quinn was stoked. He got a certificate and swim patch.
On a slightly different note, on the same day, after her class (and after her shower...in her street clothes), Emily fell in the pool while I was congratulating Quinn on his Seepferdchen. I heard a spash, and out of instinct, I started looking for Emily, who was in the water, but was holding onto the edge.
Whew! That was close. I was very happy that she had the instincts to look for the ledge of the pool (which we practice in her class), but was not happy that she didn't remember me asking her a few times to not get too close to the ledge...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment