After the kids and Eva go to bed (on the weekends), I often sit by the computer, with my headphones in place, and listen to music. Switching between the unlimited tunes via my Rhapsody subscription and YouTube.
While I would rate my music interests as very broad, when it is late at night I tend to meander towards old school country, bluegrass, and folk. Americana. Understandibly so, the sound seems superficially somber and depressing. But once you peel back a few layers, such music is not only empowering but also uplifting - in its own sort of way.
This is the music that I so much love, even though it is far from cool and far from mainstream. But, it reminds me of home...and down-home goodness that I do miss...
Thanks to Google and YouTube (and some curiosity of search from my side), I came across this video after a Peter, Paul, and Mary search.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment