About 23 years ago, I was filling up our dog's water dish and completing my chores. I was in a bit of a hurry, because after completing my chores, I could play at my friends house. So, I did was seemed to be completely normal. Back then, there wasn't even a word for what I did, but now, the word is commonplace: I multitasked. While the dog's dish was filling up with water via the spigot outside our house, I took a leak.
Actually completing the chores and then going back inside to go to the bathroom would cost me maybe 68 seconds. But, the urge to save every second was more important.
My dad caught me...and boy was he pissed (pun intended). To this day the ass chewing that I got is as vivid now as then.
*** Fast forward 23 years ***
Quinn and I are working / playing in the garden. I lose sight of him for a few minutes, but later see him on the porch, pulling up his pants. Since he tends to take his pants and underwear off when he pees, I didn't think any anything about it.
When Eva comes home from jogging, she asks Quinn why there is a puddle near our raspberries.
Then it all becomes clearer: he peed on the raspberries in our yard. Why, we ask? He wanted to not lose time playing.
Paybacks are hell. I was pretty harsh on him...but I had to keep back a small smile...knowing that I did the same thing.
I'm guessing that this is not the last time that something like this will happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment