A few days ago, after getting back from a mountain bike ride, I was drying off after my shower, and I had the following conversation with Quinn:
Quinn: I wanted nookie, but Mama said NO! (for the German readers, 'nookie' is a very slang term for sex).
Papa: (Quinn having my immediate attention): What?!?
Quinn: (slightly louder now): I WANTED NOOKIE, BUT MAMA SAID NO!
Papa: You wanted nookie?
Quinn: Yes
Papa: And Mama said no?
Quinn: Yes. She said we had to use lasagna.
Papa: Hmmm. Can you show me.
Quinn proceeds very quick and with a step of self confidence to the kitchen, probably in the hopes that I'll give him some nookie. He opens one of the shelves and points at the very top shelf.
Quinn: There. Nookie. But Mama said no.
Papa: Oh! Gnocci! Quinn, that is called Gnocci (overpronouncing the G). You wanted Gnocci, but Mama said we were having lasagna.
Quinn: Yes.
Disaster averted. I was beginning to worry that Quinn might have heard that word from me (this is the danger being basically his only source of English. Any 'bad' words can only stem from me).
Eva and I smiled ... all night long. It is great when our son can bring such joy to our lives
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment