Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pre Vacation Pics

For those of you that have been wondering about the lack of blog posts lately, it is because we just got back from 2 weeks of vacation. I took a week to make my yearly bike tour - this year through Denmark and Sweden, followed by a week on the North Sea with the family and my in-laws. Eva was on the North Sea (with her parents) the week I was riding (as well as the week I was there as well).

The World Cup was in full swing prior to our vacation...which encouraged us to get Quinn a small soccer goal. We have been playing soccer for such a long time (it is one if his favorite activities - to kick a ball), so it was finally time.

The neighbors girls come down from time to time and play as well...this time in our Germany jerseys. The US advanced...and the German team played great, progressing to the semifinals...only to get beat by a much better Spanish team...only 4 more years to the next World Cup!
The night before our vacation, I had a work event just north of home. The place was a mini amusement park that my business unit rented out for the night...Westernland of all places. I felt like I was in an old west movie. It looked pretty authentic, but felt a bit like the Twilight Zone being in Germany.
I wore my boots, and the CEO of our Business Unit even looked the part (below).
Below is a pic of Quinn resting on his way to kindergarten...don't ask me why he needs to rest, since he is normally in constant motion.
There's my boy looking like a big boy...

No comments: