Sunday, September 20, 2009

Not Every Weekend can be Perfect

Lest you think that we only have perfect days and weekends...this blog post will attest to the normal ups and downs that we all go through.

First of all, Eva wasn't feeling well...with a sore throat and stuffed up nose, not to mention being ready to pop. Quinn felt the need to test his boundries this weekend, and I apparently left all my patience in the office on Friday evening. Not a great combination.
At least we could leave the weekend on a high note: One of the forest stations 'near' our house had an open house. We've been wanting to go there for a while, and we thought that this was the sort of field trip that would be good for all of us: Eva got a break from her boys, Quinn got some more fresh air, and I got to spend more time outside with the Quinn I'm used to.
It was about a 25 minute bike ride through the forest, pulling Quinn in his chariot. Of course, the first thing he sees when we park the bike is a girl eating ice cream. So we had ice cream.
I'm super paranoid when he's climbing, but he does really great, and it seems second nature to him.
One of the forest paths. When I told him this was not the path to ice cream, he immediately turned around and started running in the other direction. I think this was the only time he listened to me all weekend.
The mini roller coaster was the highlight. Quinn was the last one to get to go down...it was way past closing time, and I was getting a bit worried that Quinn would get hungry on me (and I, in my infinite wisdom, didn't bring anything to eat).

While the weekend wasn't perfect, it was (somewhat) relaxing and certainly family oriented. I think we are all (especially Eva) somewhat in a holding pattern, waiting for #2 to join our family. While we try to just enjoy the great fall weather and our time as a threesome, it is just natural to feel a bit uneasy...while you are in that 'calm before the storm'.

No comments: