Last weekend, we went up to Eva's hometown to celebrate Nina's 30th birthday party. Needless to say, Nina was surprised by her gifts!
Quinn loves birthdays. He hasn't quite yet figured out yet that just because there are presents and candles on a table, it doesn't mean that they are automatically for him...Nonetheless, Quinn must have sang Happy Birthday for 3 days straight.
Then, he threw it into the pond. They don't work all that well when they are wet.
All in all, it was a great birthday weekend. It is always a pleasure to visit my in laws, and now that I'm approaching my mid 30's, it is nice to see more people join the over 30 club.Happy Birthday Nina!
A few days ago, Spring finally sprung at home. Eva and I have been suffering in the cold these last weeks, getting some of the Spring gardening necessities started. While we really enjoy this work and being together in Nature, it is less fun when it is cold outside.
A few days ago, Spring finally sprung at home. Eva and I have been suffering in the cold these last weeks, getting some of the Spring gardening necessities started. While we really enjoy this work and being together in Nature, it is less fun when it is cold outside.I aerate my lawn by hand...which is tons of work (about 10 hours total), but I think the results are better. The advantage of the rainy, cold Winter is that it is easier to aerate, and I've been doing it bit by bit.
Above you see Eva raking the old lawn after I finished the last piece of yard. Quinn gets his little rake out and helps as well.




No comments:
Post a Comment