As Quinn gets older, there are situations or actions that you can absolutely pin on 'Eva's Genes' or 'Rob's Genes': basically, one notices the unique parts that made it to one's child. Some are significant (Quinn got his gender from me), some are funny (he prefers to run around without socks, like me, and Eva tends to always wear socks), and some meaningless, but you just want to test it.
I had my chance for one of these meaningless 'traits' about a week ago: I was in the grocery store with Quinn, and as I walked past the peanut butter, I thought: I've got to try this.
Later that day, I had my first chance to see if Quinn was really an American: does he like peanut butter. I love the stuff and can eat it right out of the jar with a spoon. Eva hates the stuff.
So, I very carefully spread some peanut butter on a piece of bread, and like Mikey (for the German audience, Mikey is a reference to an old cereal commercial), he tried it. And he liked it. He passed the test: he not only ate the peanut butter, he wanted more, and I made his first PB&J! (Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich).
Quinn hit a few more 'firsts' these last two weeks: when asked 'Who is Quinn', he points to himself. He also can say 'Wasser' (Water) but it sounds more like 'Scheiße' (Shit). He did NOT pick that up from me and DEFINITELY not from Eva. Just a coincidence since he really can't make the 'w' sound...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment