Saturday, September 06, 2008

Can't Think of a Good Title

I always wear my work bibs when I'm working in the garden or mowing the lawn - especially after the accident with my fingers. As luck would have it, Quinn was wearing his bibs a few Saturdays ago...and we took a father/son pic.
Quinn helping me out eating one of the really good (but somewhat sour) apples from our apple tree. He loves the raspberries as well. I pick 'em, he eats 'em.
Eva's dad brought us the swing from his cousin...we didn't have a place to hang it, so we improvised. Needness to say, we got tired way before Quinn did. Try explaining that to an 18 month old.
Eva caught a great pic of a rainbow from our porch.
Quinn with one of his friends...
Kinda hard to believe that summer is winding itself down. Seems like it just started. Despite the lack of posts, we've been busy...and will be through Christmas, it seems. We're not ready for Fall and Winter to come, as it is much easier to keep Quinn active and happy outside than inside.

He's got a few more words, including 'bitte' (please). Super cute when he now asks for more food (noch mehr) then says please (bitte). Hard to turn the guy down.

On an unrelated topic, we're not too sure if this has hit the US, but a pretty extraordinary story has hit the media here in Germany: namely the winner of the 2007 Britain's Got Talent (like American Idol), Paul Potts. I'll let the video of his first round speak for itself. The other video is the t-mobile ad that has been hitting the TV stations in Germany.

If you don't get goosebumps, you can't be human.




Finally, while preparing for a meeting, I came across a great word for the Long Word of the Day: Hochspannungsgleichstromübertragung: High Voltage DC Transmission.

See...German made simple.

No comments: