Or maybe looking a bit like Krusty the Clown...
Ok...so it wasn't all that bad, but after 17 months, it was time to give the boy his first haircut... 
He was a great sport, and he only cried a bit at the end. Of course, I wasn't able to cut every lock of hair perfectly with him squirming all of the place in our back yard, but I think he looks better now.
Look, ma...no more mullet! We went to the playground to celebrate.Earlier that day, we went to the Hundshaupten Tierpark. Sort of like a zoo, but there are mostly animals that are 'wild' to the area (or used to be wild in the area...e.g. the European Bison). Of course, we bought some food for the animals...
...and I promptly ignored the signs that asked everyone to not feed the animals by hand. Quinn was stoked. There is just something about live animals that kids really love.
As you might have picked up from Eva's last post, I was in the US for 12 days on business for our user conference, the Siemens Automation Summit, where we have a gathering of hundreds of our best customers as well as prospective customers in a Summit atmosphere. Let's just say that it was tough shaking all those hands after my finger injury.
It was held this year at Chicago's Navy Pier. The above picture was the only 'touristy' pic that I got the three day. Thankfully, I was able to see the sunrise each morning as I headed out and ran along Lakeside Drive. Amazing view. You'll just have to believe me.
Our final evening event was at the Museum of Science and Industry. We had a 'cold air balloon' set up in the transportation wing...and I got to help set it up. How many engineers does it take to set up a 'cold air balloon'?

...four...with some difficulty...
Since I was in the States over the weekend, I took the opportunity to visit Sam. We haven't seen each other in a while, and it was really great to spend the time to catch up. We chatted for hours, had some great KC BBQ, and one or two frosty adult beverages.After college, we made a practice to head out to ball games at least once a year. This weekend, we renewed that tradition and headed to a Royals game. Armed with a full cooler of beer, chips, hummus (we are getting older, you know), and cherries (for a few vitamins), we got to the game 3+ hours early to tailgate.
Life is good...

...we also had a massive rain delay. Nothing like the amazing chain lightning in the midwest.

Mom and Dad shipped a package to my office in the States for me to bring back to Quinn. He's slowly understanding the concept of opening gifts.
So, Quinn now has a few new books to read and some new clothes to wear. Thanks Grandmom and Grandpa Texas! His favorite is the train book that plays songs when you push the button. The battery won't last a few weeks (probably designed that way so the parents don't go batty).
No comments:
Post a Comment