Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mirja and Thomas Visit

Ok, ok...I know I've been delinquent with the blog posts. It's not because we haven't been busy...hopefully, I'll catch up these next few days, so keep checking.

A few weeks ago, Mirja and Thomas came to visit us and to see Quinn for the first time. We had a great weekend of hiking, relaxing, and catching up.

Here we are below visiting the wild pigs in the forest near our house.
Since we all know that you are all online reading our blog so that you can see Quinn...here's a few of him doing his favorite activity: doing pushups...
Ok...maybe he isn't doing pushups, but he is trying to turn onto his back. He has done it once that we've seen, but it was a bit aided by the blanket that he was on.
On his left arm is his new favorite toy. It's got these five little 'fingers' that make different sounds. They are just the right size to put in his mouth...I guess, regardless of the object, he loves to put it in his mouth. Thanks Aunt Joyce!
This year, I planted corn and pole beans...below is my first harvest! Since we were both heading out of town the next day, we gave have to our neighbor and froze the other half. Since then, we've picked some more, and they taste great!
Eva can't believe that stuff like this would grow in our garden...It is a really good feeling planting something and seeing it grow. It is even more rewarding when it is something that you can eat or a flower that you can put in a vase to brighten up the house...

No comments: