Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Soccer or Football?

A few weeks ago, I found myself on a two day business trip to Manchester to continue some negotiations. The downside was that the trip was only for two days, insuring long work hours and leaving little time to see Manchester (I've never been to the UK) .

The upside was that the salesguy got tickets for a Champions League game: ManU vs. Copenhagen.


Heilman and a British colleague helped me out with the British vernacular:
Boots not cleats
Football not soccer
Match not game
Pitch not field
...and a warning not to look danish or I'd get 'my wanker arse beaten to a bloody pulp'.

...oh, the English.

The seats were unbelievable. We were right at midfield four rows up. Ironically enough, since many stadiums in the UK are having issues at drunkenness in the stadium (and the brawls that follow), alcohol is banned in the stadium.

Does this bring back any memories for the CU alums?


Due to our seating, we had a great chance to see the magic of Ronaldo. His footwork and ball control is simply amazing - especially up close. Posted by Picasa

No comments: