Even crazier, Eva and I took a week of vacation in order to lay tile and to paint the walls.
Even crazier, Eva's parents also took some vacation and drove almost 400 miles to do this with us.

Here I am looking cool in my bibs. I love these things. I've had them since my first house restoration in KC. Put a cold Bud in my hand to complete my Redneck look.
At numerous times during the construction of our condo, I would work on various stuff on the house - mostly painting and tile. You wouldn't believe how many of our new neighbors, that we had met many times previously, didn't recognize me in my bibs.
Even better was the time that the architect came in to inspect the place and asked me to tell the owner a few things when the owner came, and I got to tell him that I was 'the owner'. He was confused...
Eva doing the grout in the kitchen.Eva's dad did the hard work laying the tile. I would measure the tile and cut all the pieces for him. Eva and her mom did the grout and all around stuff. I had some kneepads from my first house and renovation. I offered the kneepads numerous times, he was too stubborn to take them.
Stubborn men get really sore knees.
Thankfully, all was forgotten after the first liter of beer.

This pic is a few weeks later when the tile in the kitchen and the hardwoods were finished.
The hardwoods were a story in and of itself. I'll spare you the burden of our fun with the 'tile guy'. However, I will say that the floors look great.

1 comment:
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Post a Comment