Sunday, December 23, 2012

Future High Rent Shopper ?

While we have some of our high rent shopping preferences (e.g. when I buy dress shoes), neither Eva nor I are particularly attuned to the high end / high rent brands.  We do get a kick when we are in a shopping area to look through the windows at the high rent brands, the unreal cost of simple or common items, and the people inside.

On Saturday, as we were with the kids in the city to head to the Kinder Christkindlesmarkt (Children's Christmas Market), we ended the afternoon with a stroll down the pedestrian shopping zone, as Eva wanted to check out a winter coat.

With Emily lagging behind, we gazed into the Louis Vuitton shop, noticing the security guard / doorman and the proud papa that just bought his daughter a new handbag.  We chuckled internally, asked Emily to hurry up, and moved on.

A few moments later, we turned around to see how Emily was progressing.  She hadn't made much progress, except for the fact that she had veered off course a bit, and was standing, staring, into the Louis Vuitton shop.  Then she said she wanted to go in the store.

I wish we could have been fast enough to take a picture, but this blog will hopefully serve as a memory of the event...and perhaps is the first (God help us) sign that Emily might be a High Rent Grrl.

(Props to my Uncle +Charlie Gould  for teaching me the difference about High Rent vs. High Maintenance women.  I don't think he was trying to be profound (I was brokenhearted at the time, and I think he was trying to help), but the talk had a profound effect on me and my understanding of the better half).

No comments: