Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunny Hamburg

Finally:  my parents arrived for their trip to visit the grandkids.  Yes, of course they wanted to visit Eva (and me)...but we all know the reality in the priority.  I'm OK with this...this is what Grandparents do, and they played the role well.
 
...my dad reading the kids' goodnight book.
 
...of course there were gifts from Texas.  Emily loved here Hello Kitty hat.
 
The first weekend, we took a trip to 'sunny' Hamburg (for those of you that don't know Hamburg, it isn't known for its sunny weather, but it seems that every time we are there - usually to visit our friends Mirja and Thomas - the skies are super blue.
 
Looking over the water...
 
I wish I had trees like this.
 
When I took this pic, my eye was focusing on the tower of the church.  I didn't see the coolness of the shot until afterwards, when I saw the TV tower in the background.  I really like the 'old' and 'new' motive...I (or Eva) might need to Photoshop this a bit to brighten up the sky and crop out the rest of the buildings.
 
With our friends, Mirja and Thomas.
 
...overlooking the water...
 
On Sunday, it was so sunny, that we could have lunch outside (albeit while wearing our coats).
 
The highlight was the trip to Hamburg's Miniature Wunderland...a model train wonderland over two levels.  
 
I'm probably thinking about another bike tour through the Alps while looking at a mini Switzerland.
 
There was even a running airport and harbor.  The kids were great, but after a few hours, they were at their limit.  With all the moving trains, cars, blinking lights, etc, there was tons to look at, and definitely better than I was expecting.  I definitely would like to go back when the kids are a bit older.
 
...Emily looking...and we're probably in the background trying to make sure she doesn't fall over the fence.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: