On the first of the year, I started a new job. Without getting into the gory details of why I wanted to leave my previous role, let's just say that I got a bit jaded, which allowed me to have even more realistic work hours.
In other words, I was home for breakfast and dinner basically every day.
In short, my new job is AWESOME, and I'm having a blast. I haven't had this much fun and positive energy at work in years. I also have a lot more energy and it is easier to get my butt out of bed at 5am to go running.
I'm also staying at work a lot later. Since I'm in the office much later, I am adamant about taking the kids into kindergarten in the morning. Per the collective agreement with the unions, all employees, regardless of grade (with exception of the executive class) have to leave the campus by 8pm.
Needless to say, I'm racing to get off the campus by 8. I'm home by 820pm.
The kids are normally in bed by 7pm.
Ever since I started, Quinn was awake every night...waiting for me. We talked a bit, and he fell asleep.
Tonight, as I was opening the door, I felt some resistance...and pushed a bit harder. There was no sound on the other side...but I carefully opened wider.
Tonight, Emily was not only waiting for me, but she was sitting at the door, waiting for me.
Makes my heart melt with love, and yet gives me pangs of guilt...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment