Monday, December 06, 2010

Sledding

It's been really cold here since winter, and we've got quite a bit of snow...which lends itself to sledding. On Wednesday when Quinn asked if I could take him and Emily to Kindergarten / Daycare via our sled, I found a lame excuse to buy me some time.
On Thursday, I was out of excuses, so I took off my suit, put on my hiking boots, bundled up, and pulled the kids to Kindergarten / daycare via our sled. I felt like a horse. Quinn loved it; Emily didn't like the the cold wind on her face.

Notice the position of Emily's gloves.
After Kindergarten, Quinn, Eva, Emily, and our friend Anne went sledding at our Obi Hill. Quinn wanted to sled all himself. Notice how he is now big enough to go 'no hands'. I'm sure Eva was freaking out.
It's not a huge hill, but the kids love it...and it is only a 5 minute walk from our house.
As long as there is snow on the ground, our weekends will be filled with sledding, cold red cheeks, and hot chocolate!



No comments: