Thursday, May 22, 2008

Home Alone

Quinn and I are home alone this weekend. Eva is enjoying a well deserved girls weekend, and Quinn and I have a very busy man's weekend planned. Today is a holiday in Germany (Fronleichnam / Corpus Christi), and Friday is one of those famous Bridge Days (e.g. hardly anyone goes to work), so we have a long weekend.

There will be no doing dishes, cleaning up, washing hands, tidying up, bedtimes, and the like while I'm in charge. And, we'll be wearing our shoes in the house, and I'll be eating dinner in front of the computer while surfing.

...ok, maybe I talk a big talk...but it is fun to act tough. Quinn and I walked with Eva to the bus stop. Quinn didn't feel like riding in his stroller, but he really had a blast riding Eva's suitcase like a horse. I must have said 'hold on' and 'be careful' about a 1000 times.My strategy has been to keep Quinn fully busy, and we have been running through the house a bit (he busted his head twice), and playing with blocks. I went jogging with him, and went to the park for a while.



I'm probably being the typical proud parent, but I find it amazing how fearless he is at the playground. He's pretty much the youngest (and therefore smallest) kid there, and he just does his thing. I'm paranoid that one of the bigger kids is going to run over him because they don't see him.

He can now climb up the stairs to the big slide. I spot him on his way up since the steps are pretty steep, and he waits for me to get back down before he slides. Really cute. He also really likes to scoop up the sand and make piles. Very cool in the huge sandbox...not cool when he does it in our flowerbeds. Little guy is probably confused: it is OK on the playground, but not in the flowerbed. Stupid parent logic.

No comments: